We expect Assistant Preschool Teachers to be loving, kind, helpful, self-starters, professional, and creative with a respect and care for the overall development of young children.
Assistant Teachers need to be committed to the field of early childhood care and education, and willing to continue training and/or education in that field.
Assistant Teachers need to adapt easily to changing situations and should take the lead when necessary and appropriate.
Assistant Teachers should be willing to assist Lead Teachers in whatever manner the Lead Teacher deems necessary in the scope of job responsibilities and normal classroom procedure.
The Assistant Teacher position is a part-time position and has the following responsibilities.
· Assist the Lead Teacher during classroom hours.
· Help prepare snacks and monitor clean up.
· Assist in managing classroom behavior and enforcing rules.
· Regularly work to improve/maintain classroom quality using ECERS.
· Follow the lead of the teacher in offering a program that meets the emotional, social, physical, and intellectual needs of children in our care.
· Provide positive interaction with children and staff.
· Use appropriate, positive and consistent discipline according to our discipline policy.
· Maintain a professional attitude in working with staff and families.
· Establish and maintain good communications and positive relationships with parents.
· Use appropriate language and tone of voice at all times.
· Assist with set up and clean up of classroom each day.
· Help Lead Teacher monitor students and recognize potential classroom problems.
· Other duties as assigned by the Lead Teacher and/or Director.
· Attend staff orientation, staff meetings, and any activities planned for family involvement. If for some reason you cannot attend any of the above events, you must inform the Director immediately.
· Take over the lead classroom responsibilities in the absence of the Lead Teacher.
Qualifications and Abilities:
· Education: Must have a high school diploma and some college credit or equivalent experience.
· Experience: Previous teaching experience or experience working with children is preferred.
· Personal Qualities: Need to be friendly and inviting to adapt easily and enjoy learning.
Three Springs Preschool meets Monday through Thursday from 9:00 – 11:30. Staff reports to work beginning the last week of August. The school year ends near the middle of May.